Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Aluminum in deodorant...

When we were at Mom's place, she told us to read an article that was in the Costco Connection magazine, called "An answer to cancer?" By Hope Katz Gibbs. It's about a man, Dr. David Servan-Schreiber, who had brain cancer and talks about how we can prevent cancer. He has a book out called Anticancer. He advises to avoid some common household products and when I read to avoid deodorants and antiperspirants with aluminum, I decided to see if the deodorant I use has it. Sure enough it does, and when I went to the store, Winco's, I noticed that all major deodorants use Aluminum. So, I ended up buying the natural deodorant that is pictured. This deodorant says it does not contain aluminum, parabens, alcohol, dyes, or artificial bactericides! It smells okay and wasn't that expensive. I'd rather be safe and use the aluminum free deodorant, even if the evidence is inconclusive. Here's a link to a Wiki on deodorant. Also, here's the link to the Costco Connection where the article is, click. So just a fyi...

1 comment:

Tim Hanks said...

Now the important question: does it work? I guess we should ask Nathan. ;)