Friday, September 26, 2008

Cookies....yumm...

I felt like baking cookies today....so I pulled out an old recipe that I used to make a lot when I was younger. It's a chocolate chip cookies recipe from my home economics class that I took in junior high school, but since I didn't have any chocolate chips, I used M&M's instead. =) They turned out just as I remember....yummy! =)
Here's the recipe, courtesy of Mrs. McCormick from Northshore Junior High:
Ingredients
1/3 cup shortening
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg chocolate chips (or in my case I used M&Ms)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix thoroughly shortening, margarine, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients. For a softer cookie, add 1/4 cup more flour.
4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls two inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 11 minutes.

1 comment:

runhikeplay said...

YUM! thanks for the recipe! i hope to make it sometime soon. :)